Business Accounting & Financial Consulting in California
Get Sound Numbers
receive solid advice
make better decisions
Is your current accounting helping
to drive growth?
Are your profits managed and used properly to help build the future of your company?
Are you receiving timely, useful financials that help you make business decisions?
Are you able to focus on what you love, or is accounting dragging you down?
Partner with a team of specialists ready to help you achieve your goals
Income Tax Service
Whether your business, you, or your family need your individual income tax returns and business tax returns prepared, our team is ready to bring the cutting-edge tax technology to help you file your taxes, identify tax deductions and credits that can help you minimize your tax liability, and plan your tax saving strategy for this year and beyond.
Maintaining your business’s financial records are necessary but can become tedious and cumbersome to manage yourself over time. Our team will help you with recording the financial transactions of a business, preparing basic financial statements, and reconciling your bank accounts. In addition, we also offer payroll services to help you make sure that your employees are paid and that the proper deductions are set up.
Does your business have complex accounting issues? Our team will help you with your technical accounting needs that include preparing journal entries and advising you on complex topics, such as mergers and acquisitions, business valuations, and strategic planning.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP+A)
Achieve your business goals by creating a financial plan. Our team will help you forecast your financial performance for the future and help you develop and implement budgets that are realistic and achievable. Ongoing monthly analysis of your financial performance will help to ensure that you stay on track and remain adaptable to your evolving business challenges.
financial statement services
Whether a review or compilation is needed, our financial statement services team has the industry knowledge and experience in tailoring the review and compilation process to focus on the important accounting matters most relevant to your business. We can also provide internal audit services and financial statement preparation – whatever the demands of your business, our professionals are ready to help.
estate management services
Maximize the benefit from your existing estate plan by managing it well. Our team will help you understand the tax implications of your estate plan designed by your attorneys. We walk alongside you to ensure all the logistics to follow to maintain your estate are being executed.
Your growth is our goal.
At WCH, we approach every client relationship as exactly that: a relationship. We understand how intimidating accounting and compliance are, and we know you didn't get into your business so you could be a bookkeeper.
Accounting should be about more than just numbers. It should be about how those numbers can be used to make your business smarter, more agile, and more successful. Our mission is to serve our clients with growth-minded advice, alongside excellent accounting and tax services.
With more than 40 years' combined experience in some of the world's biggest firms, and serving hundreds of clients annually, we know what it takes to help emerging companies grow even more successfully.
Have a question? Read our FAQ's
The benefits of having a reliable, talented accounting advisor are innumerable! Here are a few things that will change your finances:
- Experience peace of mind from having your finances in order
- Having an expert that can help you with any challenges that might arise with taxes or your business
- Don’t make avoidable mistakes with an advisor that has seen many of the challenges you will face.
You’ll know exactly how much money you really have and where to allocate that money: expenses, profit, investments, etc.
Yes! Every penny counts for young, growing businesses. Avoiding missteps that can set you back a whole year is completely worth the investment. Plus, you’ll be able to avoid messy books and wasting money.
Thanks for asking! We pride ourselves on being educated to the highest level when it comes to accounting - and we are 100% committed to helping you make a lot of money. Here’s a few ways we do that:
- When a company is growing it’s easy to misspend money. We’ll help you understand your balance sheet and make sure profits are being managed to help build the future of your company.
- When we take care of your accounting you can stay focused on visions, goals, and what you care about instead of getting bogged down in financial details.
- We’ll give you timely, useful advice to help you make solid business decisions.
Taxes can be extremely complicated - and making sure you are preparing for them is no walk in the park. Whether or not you choose WCH CPA’s we recommend you find a professional to help you with your taxes. In the meantime, here are some things to remember:
- Always keep accurate, organized records
- Ensure you are filing all the information necessary: W2, W3, 1099’s etc.
- Remember that you will have to pay taxes - and don’t be surprised by them! Make sure you know how much money you really have and don’t spend too much on capital expenditures. Instead, save some for tax expenditures.
- Don’t try to make taxes “go away” by spending more money to save on your taxes. If you don’t grow from the financial investments you make, you haven’t handled your money well.
- Get comfortable with the amount of money you need to set aside for taxes each quarter and make it happen!
You should start paying estimated taxes on April 15, or the year after your first year of profitable growth.
The best thing you can do is to have a tax strategy in hand and implemented before emergency strikes. If you have a CPA make sure they stay completely informed throughout the year. Beyond that, keep accurate records - either yourself, or with the help of a bookkeeper. And don’t forget to start preparing for tax season ahead of time so you can save up an adequate amount of money!
Important records like operating agreements and deeds should be kept indefinitely. Regular financials should be kept for 7-8 years which is the normal error period for the IRS.
The main time you need to contact your accountant is after a big milestone or event - like a raise, bonus, or equity granted.
In general, your accountant can’t know too much! The more they know, the better they can advise you. However, here are some things your accountant should definitely know about!
- Buying your home. A good accountant can help you prepare for this
- Buying or selling an investment property
- Businesses should communicate clearly about things like financial strategies for the year, capital expenditures, investments, and added personnel.