Accounting Advice that Provides:
Is your current accounting helping
to drive business growth?
Are your profits managed and used properly to help build the future of your company?
Are you receiving timely, useful financials that help you make business decisions?
Are you able to focus on what you love, or is accounting dragging you down?
At WCH, your growth is our goal.
At WCH CPA's, we approach every client relationship as exactly that: a relationship. We understand how intimidating accounting and compliance are, and we know you didn't get into your business so you could be a bookkeeper.
We know business accounting includes crunching numbers, but it's a lot more than that. It should be about how those numbers can be used to make your business smarter, more agile, and more successful. Our mission is to serve our clients with growth-minded advice, alongside excellent accounting and tax services.
With more than 40 years' combined experience in some of the world's biggest firms, and serving hundreds of clients annually, we know what it takes to help emerging companies in the Walnut Creek, CA, area grow even more successfully.
Accounting services we offer from our Walnut Creek office:
Management Advisory Services
Have a question? Read our FAQ's
The benefits of having a reliable, talented accounting advisor are innumerable, especially in a city where small businesses can thrive like Walnut Creek! Here are a few things that will change your finances:
- Experience peace of mind from having your finances in order
- Having an expert that can help you with any challenges that might arise with taxes or your business
- Don’t make avoidable mistakes with an advisor that has seen many of the challenges you will face.
You’ll know exactly how much money you really have and where to allocate that money: expenses, profit, investments, etc.
Absolutely! Every penny counts for young, growing businesses. When your business is in the growth stage, making financial mistakes can set you back a year or more. Plus, you’ll be able to avoid messy books and wasting money.
Thanks for asking! We pride ourselves on being educated to the highest level when it comes to accounting - and we are 100% committed to helping you make a lot of money. Here’s a few ways we do that:
- When a company is growing it’s easy to misspend money. We’ll help you understand your balance sheet and make sure profits are being managed to help build the future of your company.
- When we take care of your accounting you can stay focused on visions, goals, and what you care about instead of getting bogged down in financial details.
- We’ll give you timely, useful advice to help you make solid business decisions.
Taxes can be extremely complicated - and making sure you are preparing for them is no walk in the park. Whether or not you choose WCH CPA’s we recommend you find a professional to help you with your taxes. In the meantime, here are some things to remember:
- Always keep accurate, organized records
- Ensure you are fling all the information necessary: W2, W3, 1099’s etc.
- Remember that you will have to pay taxes - and don’t be surprised by them! Make sure you know how much money you really have and don’t spend too much on capital expenditures. Instead, save some for tax expenditures.
- Don’t try to make taxes “go away” by spending more money to save on your taxes. If you don’t grow from the financial investments you make, you haven’t handled your money well.
- Get comfortable with the amount of money you need to set aside for taxes each quarter and make it happen!
You should start paying estimated taxes on April 15, or the year after your first year of profitable growth.
The best thing you can do is to have a tax strategy in hand and implemented before emergency strikes. If you have a CPA make sure they stay completely informed throughout the year. Beyond that, keep accurate records - either yourself, or with the help of a bookkeeper. And don’t forget to start preparing for tax season ahead of time so you can save up an adequate amount of money!
Important records like operating agreements and deeds should be kept indefinitely. We encourage keeping your tax records and regular financials for a minimum of 7-8 years which is the normal error period for the IRS.
We know you want to focus on growing and running your business, not needing to stress and waste time over your bookkeeping and accounting.
However, you need more than a standard accountant to make your business truly thrive. At WCH, we know small and emerging-growth companies need to leverage everything at their disposal in order to keep growing, especially when they are located in the ever-changing California Bay Area and City of Walnut Creek.
That's why WCH CPA’s offer our accounting and business growth strategies.
Not only do we offer the best in accounting, but we combine that with advisory services that go beyond the numbers. We know you want a strong footing for your business growth, and we also understand that “cookie-cutter” accounting won’t get you the growth you need.
From our office in Walnut Creek, CA, we offer the accounting services you need to succeed in your business:
- Financial Management Advisory Services
- Outsourced Bookkeeping Services
- Income Tax Services
- Audit Preparation Services
We serve a wide variety of industries, including:
- Real Estate Accounting
- Professional Services Finance
- Government Contractor Accounting
- Professional Athletes Accounting
- E-commerce Bookkeeping
- Dentistry & Orthodontic Accounting
Located in Contra Costa County, CA, and 16 miles east of Oakland, Walnut Creek is considered part of the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
With its unique geographical location, Walnut Creek serves as a transportation hub between Sacramento, San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, and other neighboring cities. This is due to several major highways running through the city (I-680 and SR-24) and its accessibility by BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit).
With its central location in California and easy access to many major neighboring cities and urban areas, Walnut Creek is a great place for small businesses and startups without paying the larger fees and overhead associated with the larger cities. As the area continues to grow and expand, the future for small, medium, and large-sized business development continues to be bright.
We serve the following Walnut Creek zip codes: 94507, 94518, 94521, 94595, 94596, 94597, 94598, and other zip codes in the greater Contra Costa County, CA.
As The Walnut Creek Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau states, “The purpose of the Walnut Creek Chamber Of Commerce shall be to advocate the common business interests of its general membership, to foster and promote a healthy, competitive business climate and to enhance the quality of life throughout; the city of Walnut Creek, County of Contra Costa, State of California and the United States of America.”
No matter where your business is located in Walnut Creek or the surrounding area, we look forward to serving you. Neighborhoods we serve include Beacon Ridge, Blackwood, Broadway Plaza, Brooktree, Diablo Hills, Diablo Shadows, Downtown Walnut Creek, Joaquin Ranch, Lafayette Valley Estates, Lakewood, Larkey Park, Livorna Estates, Meadow Creek, Northgate, Oak Road, Overlook, Palos Verdes, Parkmead, Pleasant Run, Pleasant Valley, Rancho Paraiso, Rossmor, Rudgear Estates, Rudgear Meadows, San Miguel, Sancho, Saranap, Somerset, Sterling Ridge, Summit Ridge, Tice Valley, Waldon, Walnut Creek Estates, Walnut Heights, Walnut Knolls, Wild Oak, Woodlands, Ygnacio Valley, and other surrounding areas.