Accounting Advice that Provides:
Is your current accounting helping
to drive business growth?
Are your profits managed and used properly to help build the future of your company?
Are you receiving timely, useful financials that help you make business decisions?
Are you able to focus on what you love, or is accounting dragging you down?
At WCH, your growth is our goal.
At WCH CPA's, we approach every client relationship as exactly that: a relationship. We understand how intimidating accounting and compliance are, and we know you didn't get into your business so you could be a bookkeeper.
Accounting should be about more than just numbers. It should be about how those numbers can be used to make your business smarter, more agile, and more successful. Our mission is to serve our clients with growth-minded advice, alongside excellent accounting and tax services.
With more than 40 years' combined experience in some of the world's biggest firms, and serving hundreds of clients annually, we know what it takes to help emerging companies in the Newport Beach, CA, area grow even more successfully.
Accounting services we offer from our newport beach office:
Management Advisory Services
Have a question? Read our FAQ's
The benefits of having a reliable, talented accounting advisor are innumerable, especially when working in a small-business centerd city like Newport Beach! Here are a few things that will change your finances:
- Have peace of mind knowing an expert is helping you with your finances
- Having a certified CPA that can help you with any challenges that might arise with taxes or your business
- Don’t make avoidable mistakes with an advisor that has seen many of the challenges you will face.
You’ll know exactly how much money you really have and where to allocate that money: expenses, profit, investments, etc.
Yes! Every penny counts for young, growing businesses. Avoiding missteps that can set you back a whole year is completely worth the investment. Plus, you’ll be able to avoid messy books and wasting money.
Thanks for asking! We work hard to make sure our processes and steps are always geared to making your business money. Here’s a few ways we do that:
- When a company is growing it’s easy to misspend money. We help you understand your balance sheet, income, profit, loss, and much more to ensure that you spend your capital wisely.
- When we take care of your accounting you can stay focused on visions, goals, and what you care about instead of getting bogged down in financial details.
- We’ll give you timely, useful advice to help you make solid business decisions.
Taxes can be extremely complicated - and making sure you are preparing for them is no walk in the park. Whether or not you choose WCH CPA’s we recommend you find a professional to help you with your taxes. In the meantime, here are some things to remember:
- Always keep accurate, organized records
- Ensure you are fling all the information necessary: W2, W3, 1099’s etc.
- Remember that you will have to pay taxes - and don’t be surprised by them! Make sure you know how much money you really have and don’t spend too much on capital expenditures. Instead, save some for tax expenditures.
- Don’t try to make taxes “go away” by spending more money to save on your taxes. If you don’t grow from the financial investments you make, you haven’t handled your money well.
- Get comfortable with the amount of money you need to set aside for taxes each quarter and make it happen!
The best thing you can do is to have a tax strategy in hand and implemented before emergency strikes. If you have a CPA make sure they stay completely informed throughout the year. Beyond that, keep accurate records - either yourself, or with the help of a bookkeeper. And don’t forget to start preparing for tax season ahead of time so you can save up an adequate amount of money!
Important records like operating agreements and deeds should be kept indefinitely. Regular financials should be kept for 7-8 years which is the normal error period for the IRS.
The main time you need to contact your accountant is after a big milestone or event - like a raise, bonus, or equity granted.
Wondering how to get a jump start on your accounting?
Download our FREE e-book on 4 accounting tips that have great returns for any company!